Advocates International™ is the Largest, Oldest, Most Efficient, Legal Aid Organization You’ve Never Heard of Before. Why is that? Because getting things done is more important to us than getting the credit, and most of the time that means doing things effectively, not publicly. When confronted with issues across the globe where most organizations would send an American Lawyer to file a lawsuit, and publicly enter the trenches of a long litigation battle, we use one of our 30,000 Local Advocates to ask whoever is in charge of the situation “How may we serve you?” Sometimes a public battle in court or before a legislative body is unavoidable but our “How can we serve you” principle often means trading public notoriety for tremendous results.
Seven Core Functions
- Christ Centeredness Maintained
- Core Values Protected
- Communications Facilitated
- Conferences Encouraged and Enabled
- Calls to Action Considered, Coordinated and Communicated Globally
- Community Encouraged and Nurtured
- Costs Counted, Considered, Contributed, and Distributed
All peoples thriving in hope, peace, and justice, within societies committed to freedom of religion or belief and the rule of law with integrity.
Inspiring and Mobilizing Advocates Globally to Do Justice With Compassion.
Statement Of Faith, Commitment And Practice
- We acknowledge God’s revelation in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We confess Jesus as God and Savior according to the Old and New Testament Scriptures.
- We believe the Scriptures as originally given by God are divinely inspired, trustworthy and entirely authoritative in all matters offaith and conduct.
- We commit ourselves, in obedience to God’s will and in the power of the Holy Spirit, to bear witness to Jesus Christ through the legal profession by working for justice, peace, truth, mercy and integrity.
- We commit ourselves to be advocates for the poor, vulnerable and oppressed.
- We shall endeavor to encourage and enable lawyers to meet locally, organize nationally, cooperate regionally and link globally,
- We shall seek to do all to the glory of the one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit.